ABOUT THIS SITE
CHANGING THESE TERMS
You must not use any part of the materials on my site for commercial purposes without a licence from me or my licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website) any part of my site (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without my prior written consent. If, in my opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use my site will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
INFORMATION AND LINKS
The contents of my site (including links to other sites and resources provided by third parties) are for information only, and I shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, such materials. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO MY SITE
MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE
You must not misuse my site by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to my site, the server on which my site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to my site. You must not attack my site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By failing to comply with this provision, you would commit a criminal offence and your right to use my site will cease immediately and we will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
The material displayed on my site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
PAYMENTS & BILLING
- Initial thirty-minute consultation by Zoom or telephone is complimentary.
- Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the client.
- The Client understands Joannas Virtual Assistant’s estimated time and cost for completing the Work is an informal calculation and that any adjustments to the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees is subject to review and renegotiation with the Client when necessary.
- Any errors must be reported within two (2) days of receipt of completed work. Errors generated by Joannas Virtual Assistant Limited will be rectified free of charge, but amendments or alterations requested by the client thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
- If, however, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, Joannas Virtual Assistant may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Similarly, if, during the term of the Freelance’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the Freelance may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the client, Joannas Virtual Assistant shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
- An agreement, in writing or by email, of a set number of hours a week or month may not be carried over to subsequent periods by the client.
- If the project is based on an hourly rate, then a minimum invoice amount is for one hour and the hourly rate is then billed in increments of 30 minutes, with time rounded up to the nearest half of an hour.
- Clients will be invoiced either after an individual assignment is completed or on an ongoing monthly basis.
- First time clients will initially be invoiced in advance of work commencing then all subsequent invoices will be at the end of every calendar month.
- Invoices are to be settled within seven (7) days upon the delivery unless otherwise agreed. The final invoice shall include billable time, reimbursable expenses, and any other fees related to the Work.
- Unpaid bills will incur interest, as per government guidelines. It is at my discretion whether work continues after a bill remains unpaid beyond my 7 day payment period.
- Billable time includes meetings and calls outside of contracted hours, and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
- A time report will be provided with the invoice unless the client requests otherwise.
- All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
- Payment to be made by bank transfer.
- Once an invoice becomes overdue, no further work will be undertaken.
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR, the Client and the Freelances may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
- Either the Client or the Freelance has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- to conduct your business affairs in a professional manner and avoid behaviour that could bring your business and reputation into disrepute.
- to conduct my business affairs based on sound, ethical principles and will communicate fairly and honestly with your clients, associates, employees and suppliers.
- to make an honest representation of my skills, experience and qualifications at all times.
- to respect the confidentiality of your personal and business practices and recognise your ownership of any intellectual copyright pertaining to your business activities.
- to strive to maintain my high professional standards by staying abreast of advances within my industry and to strive for excellence through professional improvement.
- to keep all acquired personal data safe and secure and ensure it is only used for it’s intended purpose, in accordance with GDPR and all regulations set by the ICO.
While I take every step known to me and in accordance with guidance on the ICO website to keep data safe and secure I will never be fully immune to hacks, no one is.
The notice period is ideally one month and in writing, but I appreciate this isn’t always possible.
I prefer to receive all communication and instructions via email.
My retained clients get priority. If you know you’ll be needing a set amount of hours every month, a specific task completed every month, or there’s a possibility any of your tasks will need my attention within three working days then a retainer package is your best option. You can retain my time, at £27 an hour, anything from an hour a month.